Vinyl Cleaner

Dump

Cadet
I am sure this question has been asked a thousand times but, I'll ask it again. I am looking for a product to clean my exterior vinyl. It has some stains and I haven't been able to remove them. I have used 3 M Vinyl Cleaner with little success. Is there anything out there that works well with as little work as possible - this may be asking too much. <br />Thanks.

Elk Chaser

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Vinyl Cleaner

Actually I've tried many of the cleaners that are "made to clean vinyl", some were fairly pricey and I was not impressed with them much either. <br /><br />I have found that either 409 or Simple Green works 10 times better. A nylon scrub brush does not hurt either.

crazy charlie

Vice Admiral

My best results by far are with soft scrub and if the vinyl is white you can use soft scrub with bleach.It comes both ways.If you use the one with the bleach try to stay away from the threads and if you do get some on the threads make sure you rinse them very well.You will want to dress the vinyl when done with a sealer like formula 303 or an armor-like product.I dont recommend armorall at all on vinyl.If you have a stubborn stain that dont seem to be coming out,it may be organic and in this case you can take a cloth and saturate the tip with bleach and hold it on the stain for a minute or two and see what happens,just make sure you rinse it well when done.Post back your results and let us know what worked best.Charlie

mrom1234567

Petty Officer 3rd Class

ZEP Purple Industrial degreaser worked great for me. Sold at Home Depot. It cleaned really good, but i don't know the long turn effects on the vinyl. It was the only product that seemed to remove all black spots. USE GLOVES and rinse well.<br /><br />Michael

BigPoppaG

Chief Petty Officer

Mcguire's vinyl cleaner and conditioner for boats took off lots of small black spots and made the seats look great! ;) :D