Starbrite Star Tron fuel additive

navigator336

Petty Officer 1st Class
Has anyone had any experience with this fuel additive. They have products for gas and diesel. It is enzyme based and sounds like the greatest thing since sliced bread if it works. The claims are "up to 15%" improvement in economy; one year of gas and two years of diesel stability; carb cleaning; water dispersion; etc, etc.

bomar76

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Starbrite Star Tron fuel additive

The key words are "up to"<br />0% is "up to" 15%<br /><br />It's garbage.

LubeDude

Admiral
Re: Starbrite Star Tron fuel additive

I think the general concensus here on the forums, is that the only thing that needs to be in your gas is perhaps a fuel stablizer. (Stable) etc.<br /><br />You will hear anywhere from using it in every tankfull to not using it at all. (ME and ZMOZ).<br /><br />My engines are layed up for about 5 months, and I never, ever have any fuel issues. I do however pump my bulb every month or so to keep the carbs from drying out. Also, I have plastic tanks and leave them about half full all winter and then fill them with fresh fuel in the spring.<br /><br />I use a product called GTA fuel enhancer in my outboard and everything else that has a gas engine.<br /><br /> GTA FUEL ENHANCER <br /><br />My vehicles seem to love it, only one person I turned on to it said it fouled his plugs, but I have not had any problems at all. He premixes though, my injection is still hooked up. Smoothed my engine out a bunch.