Starcraft Serial # decoding

Status
Not open for further replies.

e-men

Cadet
Hi all, <br /><br />I recently bought a used (great!) Starcraft Fíberglass boat. As I´ve got no Information regarding the name, type or any exact details, would anyone please be so kind to help <br />me in this case?<br /><br />What I found so far is that it was most probably built in 1980, has a 165hp Mercruiser, 6 seats<br /><br />The serial Number reads like "STRF 4874 0280-F0"<br />thx

e-men

Cadet
Re: Starcraft Serial # decoding

thanks walleyehed, <br />unfortunately there is no starcraft dealer within <br />the 1000mile range here in germany :)<br />but i contacted them by e-mail before <br />with no result.<br />i assume the "0280" within the serial presents<br />the month/year, STRF = Starcraft...<br /><br />martin

tcube

Petty Officer 1st Class

e-men,<br /><br />Try this web site: http://www.boatsafe.com/nauticalknowhow/hin.html <br /><br />According to its explanation, your SN tells the following: STRF - Starcraft, 4874 - hull serial number, 0280 - date of certification, F0 - unless this is "F" for January and "0" for 1980, haven't a clue.<br /><br />tcube

cp

Petty Officer 1st Class

Something is wrong with the Hull Identification Number (HIN) you have posted. The manufacturer identification code for Starcraft is STR, not STRF (unless the F indicates a foreign or export model :confused: ), and the HIN should end in an alpha character followed by three numeric characters. See the below link for more info:<br /><br />HIN Explanation<br /><br />The above link info is valid for boats built after about 1972, so if your boat is older than that it may not have an HIN or the HIN may not conform to the above. Good luck.

walleyehed

Admiral

Sorry, didn't realise you were in Germany...???<br />I also have a Starcraft-2 matter-a-fact, and both boats HIN start with STRE. One is a 77, and one is a 79.<br />OK, here is the number for the factory..they have helped me several times with boat restoration to original specs.<br />Hope this helps..219-593-2500<br />If you still can't get help, email me at<br />kenneth.sanderson2@verizon.net<br />and we will get the info..I'm just not allowed to post it for public viewing.

e-men

Cadet

If we assume that it is not a HIN on the <br />back of my boat, because it reads exactly as written above, where else may i find a <br />source of information to find out the name / <br />model of my starcraft? any website available <br />(oh yes, i _did_ search google, that´s why i am here

Wasabiian

Recruit

Something is wrong with the Hull Identification Number (HIN) you have posted. The manufacturer identification code for Starcraft is STR, not STRF (unless the F indicates a foreign or export model :confused: ), and the HIN should end in an alpha character followed by three numeric characters. See the below link for more info:<br /><br />HIN Explanation<br /><br />The above link info is valid for boats built after about 1972, so if your boat is older than that it may not have an HIN or the HIN may not conform to the above. Good luck.
wow, this is an old thread, but Im finding it helpful today in 2021 :) The F indicates Fiberglass Me thinks, I have an aluminum boat that has an A where the F is STRA 88__ 0476 F6

Status
Not open for further replies.