cobra 3.0 Answer to hand and bow rail question

Link

Rear Admiral
Second try LOL<br /><br />This pic is just after I/we finished painting it<br /><br />
3308Boat_with_taped_rail-thumb.JPG
<br /><br />From just in back of the Reg numbers to the last "B" on them where you see a raised wall if you will on the inside of the boat is a raised casting platform. and when up there the bow rail is about 28-30 inches which is perfect.<br /><br />
3308Boat_with_drawing_lines-thumb.jpg
<br /><br />A=Down rigger mounts on the top of the hand rails <br />B=Tackle box mounts at the gunnels <br />These are set up with driver on port and passenger in front of center console on starboard.<br /><br />Neither person has to move to reach his/her tackle box or hit retrive on the down rigger right above it.<br /><br />All Coast gaurd equipment etc is hung off the hand and bow rails. leaving NOTHING on the deck at all. Extra rods are in racks on the iside of the boat sides.<br /><br />All lunches and everything else is in the water tight center console<br /><br /><br />Now this is where I had a Blonde/Lab MOMENT :) <br />I have lots of them.<br />I had 18" hand rails installed! Uggg Cant fish or use down riggers.. so <br /><br />C: with the red line is where I'm going to cut them down to.<br /><br />Now this pic is the first time we put in the water after painting to test the electic trolling motor and found out (as we figured) those high hand rails were a real pain. Will look a lot better also after I cut them down.<br />But from the two vertical strips on the side forward the boat is in only in 2" out of water and floating on the top.<br />YUP right now it looks like and is all rails.. <br />and is... it was a Bassy moment :D <br />Ok OK it was a Bassy/LadyFish MOMENT! <br />Now wait.... LadyFish and Bassy were having drinks.. MrLadyFish decieded to drive them home.. <br />drive up on a sand bar! nope it was his fault! Not my fault for ordering 18" Hand rails... hehe<br />YUP I screwed up there :) <br /><br />Lets see if I actually if I got this right..

Link

Rear Admiral
Re: cobra 3.0 Answer to hand and bow rail question

OK I'm confused... these were supposed to be big pics.. <br />What did I do wronge?

BoatBuoy

Rear Admiral

cobra 3.0

Lieutenant Commander

...ahh I see ...now.

Link

Rear Admiral

BoatBuoy <br />Thanks, Just a quick lunch break. I'll play with it tonight to see if I can get it right.<br />Another Lab moment at this end :)