Bilge Pump not working properly

swhalin1

Recruit
http://forums.iboats.com/boat-topic...cs/bilge-pump-runs-but-doesnt-pump-59730.html
I too have a bilge pump that runs and doesn't pump. Well it pumps sometimes and sometimes it doesn't. I have replaced the pump (Rule 750) to no avail. I have backwashed the line with a garden hose, and when I do it starts pumping, but will go back to not working. It is almost like it needs to be primed to get it to work. I have found that if I take the pump off of the base while it's running and move it around a bit it will pump fine but the next time it is liable not to work. Very fustrating. Any ideas?

DAAW. Did you ever figure this one out? I have the same problem. Mine turns on with the float, hums nice, but wont pump the water until I plow in the exit hole at outer part of boat and then it pumps fine. A few times it did work fine but only after i filled and drained the water inside boat with a blow in the exit again.

Last edited by a moderator:

skydiveD30571

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Re: Bilge Pump runs but doesn't pump

Re: Bilge Pump runs but doesn't pump

That person has not visited this website in over 3 years. It is best to start your own thread explaining your problem, you'll get better help that way.