Bowrider - Build a Plywood Cover?

ThndrSki

Seaman
Hello,

I have a 19ft Baja Bowrider and I was wondering if anyone has ever built a "plywood cover"? What I mean by this is a few plywood boards strung end to end with a hinge over the windshield so you can quickly put the cover over it.

Today, I have one of those strap systems to "help" keep the cover up and the water from running in, but it never seems to work well in a heavy Florida storm.

A nice plywood structure with a light frame below would be perfect. My boat has a 8 foot beam/width, so it would be perfect for a 4x8 sheet of plywood.

The process of lifting the plywood on the boat and setting the cover would be much quicker than the strap system, and much more water tight for the cover.

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
Re: Bowrider - Build a Plywood Cover?

I have the telescopic aluminum pole and plastic vent thingy in my snap in cover. had similar thing on my searay bow cover. works great.

the #4 of aluminum pole and canvas was much lighter than a sheet of plywood, looked great, and could be stored on board.

ThndrSki

Seaman

I was thinking way too heavy duty - I like the PVC A Frame or Aluminum pole idea. Much lighter!

Thanks guys!

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member

they sell the poles here on iBoats