Fiberform Continental Hardtop Year

Dialta

Recruit
21' Fiberform Continental model Hardtop, stern drive, and I am unsure of the date of manufacture. The serial number is: MTZ 01170 I888. Can anyone tell from the serial number the year of manufacture? I suspect it is 1970, but I would like to make sure. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member
Re: Fiberform Continental Hardtop Year

The only way to find that out would be from the manufacturer since it is a pre-1974 hull. 1973 was the "start" of the Hull Identification numbers and it was fully implemented in a couple of years.

Unless you can find a "fiberclassic" site or a real enthusiast for that model boat....it is only guess work

Does it have a water jet? then it might be a 1971

You should go by the registration papers

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

MTZ indicates a Montana state issued HIN. So none of the numbers mean anything related to the original manufacturer.

Fiberglassics doesn't have much on Fiberforms. Welcome aboard and good luck.

Dialta

Recruit

MTZ indicates a Montana state issued HIN. So none of the numbers mean anything related to the original manufacturer.

Fiberglassics doesn't have much on Fiberforms. Welcome aboard and good luck.

Thanks to Bob_VT and GA_Boater. The serial number that I quoted is the only "identification" that I really have, unless the date of manufacture is on whatever title documents are available to me. I'll go back over them and see what I can dig up. Thanks again for your assistance.!