Seal/fastener for cockpit cover to windshield - larson

red.donzi

Cadet
I have a 2000 larson 330 cabrio.
Trying to fix my cockpit cover, the rubber seal used to secure cover to windshield is dry rotted and ripped/falling apart. It is designed to push down into a track, does NOT use snaps (wish it did).
I can not locate this component anywhere, partially because i dont know what it is called, possibly welting, but not sure.
OEM was ameritex/taylor made and can find no reference to this antiquated way of securing canvas/cover. It is not the sure seal advertised on their site, it is much older and based on what a PIA it is, cant imagine it being used for long.
Hoping to find a source for this so i can replace on cockpit cover and side curtains.
Any help greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 0

JASinIL2006

Vice Admiral
Re: Seal/fastener for cockpit cover to windshield - larson

Have you tried greatlakesskipper.com? They have a lot of old OEM stuff for Larson boats. It's a long shot, but worth a look.

Jim

red.donzi

Cadet
Re: Seal/fastener for cockpit cover to windshield - larson

Have you tried greatlakesskipper.com? They have a lot of old OEM stuff for Larson boats. It's a long shot, but worth a look.

Jim

Thanks Jim, yes looked there. No luck.

jrisebo

Seaman Apprentice
I got the same issue. need to buy some of that stuff so I can have it sewn back into my cover.

jbcurt00

Staff member
Please notice how long a topic has been inactive before making a post into a topic.

Its been over a year since there were any posts in this topic.

It should be left inactive until the original poster posts an update.

Thanks

Last edited:

red.donzi

Cadet
I got the same issue. need to buy some of that stuff so I can have it sewn back into my cover.

I ended up ordering material from Ameritex directly - was about a $1 a foot. However it does not fit perfectly into the track system on my 2001 boat, it is a bit of a different design. Works but is not ideal as you have to force it in groove and groove not exactly designed for the material. I can send pics if helpful.

jrisebo

Seaman Apprentice
No Title

If you could send or post pics that would be great, I emailed them, they want $7.00 a foot. Here is what they are peddling.

Attachments

• photo223593.JPG
    photo223593.JPG
    168.5 KB · Views: 0