Bayliner Rear Seat!

atlcrj

Recruit
I am looking for the rear seat assembly for a 1998 Bayliner Capri 1850. It is the one that makes up the two rear seat backs, and the back deck. I had my boat at a local repair shop, and when I picked it up, this was missing/stolen? It is impossible to find one! Any ideas on how to replace this?seats.jpg

UncleWillie

Captain
Re: Bayliner Rear Seat!

Try calling around to the many Marine Salvage Yards. Google it!
The repair shop is responsible for the replacement.

atlcrj

Recruit

Try calling around to the many Marine Salvage Yards. Google it!
The repair shop is responsible for the replacement.

Right? You would think....but they claim since I didn't discover it missing until I got to the dock a mile down the road that it may have blown off (ridiculous), so since I can't prove it they are not responsible. The mechanic admitted to removing it to work in the engine box and leaving it in the bottom of the boat. They are unwilling to pay.

Maclin

Admiral

Ouch. If they left them just lying loose in the bottom then they could sure fly out from road wind.

and Welcome! sorry your first post is something like this :(

seilings

Seaman Apprentice

sorry for your loss.
I once had my rear seat put in up position and did not cover the bow to prevent strong wind blow when towing.
So one of the seat was blown off on the high way.
A nice guy approached me and signaled me to let me know one of my boat seat is on the road.
I got it back but it was ruined already.

So I found this boat upholstery repair shop who has all patterns of boat seats for Bayliner and Maxum, they help built a same boat seat for me, and the cost is reasonable (forgot the exatct cost, but remember it was within $100)
Maybe you can try to contact her to see if she can help or not: (Her shop is in Washington state)

Kim Reitz
22510 128th Dr. NE
Arlington, WA 98223
Phone: 360-435-0932

Last edited:

atlcrj

Recruit

sorry for your loss.
I once had my rear seat put in up position and did not cover the bow to prevent strong wind blow when towing.
So one of the seat was blown off on the high way.
A nice guy approached me and signaled me to let me know one of my boat seat is on the road.
I got it back but it was ruined already.

So I found this boat upholstery repair shop who has all patterns of boat seats for Bayliner and Maxum, they help built a same boat seat for me, and the cost is reasonable (forgot the exatct cost, but remember it was within $100)
Maybe you can try to contact her to see if she can help or not: (Her shop is in Washington state)

Kim Reitz
22510 128th Dr. NE
Arlington, WA 98223
Phone: 360-435-0932

Thanks for the help, everyone! Glad to be here!

seilings

Seaman Apprentice

Thanks for the help, everyone! Glad to be here!

Hope you will have your seat fixed soon.

I contacted them first through email last year: canplus@aol.com
Since I live in Vancouver, very close to their shop, I chose to pick up, so I don't know what is the shipping cost.

Good luck!