Help! Draining issues..wet storage tank.

FSTHUH

Seaman
Hello I have Celebrity 220cc..boat is equipped with 2 wet storages in the back (each side of the boat) this is for ice or anchor or whatever that has potential water . Each tank has a drain on the bottom of it which also has outlet thru hull by outdrive. When I get water in them they don't want to drain..when I force air or water with garden hose through the drain part..water starts to come out like its supposed to..as soon as there is no force pressure applied..water just sits there?? Am I doing something wrong? I read manual inside out and nothing talks about it. I tried feeding plastic tube through it but can't get it to feed all the way through...keep hitting hard plastic somewhere...please help! Even when you wiggle finger at the bottom (hull part) water tries to seep slowly than stops.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Help! Draining issues..wet storage tank.

It sounds like something has gotten into the drain tubes. Have you tried the water hose from both directions? Bugs like to build homes in drains like these. Can you get to the drain hoses through any access hatch?

UncleWillie

Captain

...boat is equipped with 2 wet storages in the back (each side of the boat) this is for ice or anchor or whatever that has potential water . Each tank has a drain on the bottom of it which also has outlet thru hull by outdrive. When I get water in them they don't want to drain..when I force air or water with garden hose through the drain part..water starts to come out like its supposed to..as soon as there is no force pressure applied..water just sits there?? Am I doing something wrong? I read manual inside out and nothing talks about it. I tried feeding plastic tube through it but can't get it to feed all the way through...keep hitting hard plastic somewhere...please help! Even when you wiggle finger at the bottom (hull part) water tries to seep slowly than stops.

Are we talking about a couple of Live-Wells with pumps in the hoses?

Home Cookin'

Fleet Admiral

pumps are a good thought also some kind of one-way flap to keep water from coming in when you reverse, that has gottn old.

midcarolina

Chief Petty Officer

Got any pics of the boxes and drain near outdrive? If the oulets near the outdrive are above the water line and the drains are in bottom of box I would say it would almost certainly have to have pumps inline.........

FSTHUH

Seaman

It sounds like something has gotten into the drain tubes. Have you tried the water hose from both directions? Bugs like to build homes in drains like these. Can you get to the drain hoses through any access hatch?

Yes..I tried from the other end..and yes tank starts to fill up...as soon as I stop..no water comes out...it's like some kind of flaps engage.

FSTHUH

Seaman

I bet thats the issue. Look for the livewell switch. Or look for the pumps.

I don't think it's a livewell...Owners manual refers to it as "wet storage" for ice...built in cooler box pretty much.

FSTHUH

Seaman

Got any pics of the boxes and drain near outdrive? If the oulets near the outdrive are above the water line and the drains are in bottom of box I would say it would almost certainly have to have pumps inline.........

Here is a picture of it....as you can see on the corner of the boat is the box itself...and if you look under ladder..you can see drain hole. That's exactly how it is on the other side. I tried turning on bilge pump..hoping it would start to drain..but no luck.http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l12/ddejano/Mobile%20Uploads/7A42D76A-26FE-4C37-A222-730F69504865.png