Mako Center Console

BlueGhost93

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Found a Mako center console with a price of $4000 OBO. Its a 1979 boat with a trailer and a 150 Mercury Black Max Outboard.

Is something like this worth what he is asking? I believe he told me he has had the motor worked on in the last year or so.

dingbat

Supreme Mariner
Re: Mako Center Console

Is something like this worth what he is asking? I believe he told me he has had the motor worked on in the last year or so.
No......35 years old boat and motor with a trailer that will needs extensive work.....

BlueGhost93

Petty Officer 2nd Class

hmm yea this guy is hung up on $3700 so it seems. Says he has had offers of $3500 but no one wants to pay the $3700. That's probably why.lol NADA says just about $1500

southkogs

Staff member

He's in a fantasy land at $4k. Move on.

BlueGhost93

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Yea I feel like boats, cars, trucks, and trailers are all over priced here in San Diego -.-

southkogs

Staff member

I took a spin through CL - I can't remember what you're limitations are (parking, towing, budget etc.) but here are a few to look at:

18' Glasspar - Is a little pricey for my taste, but I like the hull. I can't tell if I think it's in good shape, but that outboard is a nice one if it's running well.

SkipJack 20' - This one might not have a trailer, and it's rather big. But for the extra $1,200 over that center con in this thread, I'd look at it.

Larson 18' or 19' - Not a fishing boat, but in that $5k range. Hull would be okay if you're in more protected waters.

17' Aquasport - Again, another $1,900 over the boat at the top ... but a MUCH better looking option.

Patience is your friend in this game. I would look a couple/few hours out of San Diego too. See what there is in a few other towns. You might be able to get the price more in line with what you want to spend.

BlueGhost93

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Hey thanks! Yea I mean I'm hung up on a center console for some reason. I like that last link but its out of my price range. But ill see what the guy will go down to for kicks.

crabby captain john

Lieutenant Commander

The Skipjack ~~ paper graph,,, some of the young'uns here will have never seen or heard of one,,,,

BlueGhost93

Petty Officer 2nd Class

paper graph?

I like skip jacks but its not really the style I like. Really want a center console with or without a T top. My buddy had a skip jack and it was nothing but work.lol

Home Cookin'

Fleet Admiral

that mako hull is exactly what you want. i wouldn't be scared of a '79--this isn't one of those lake boats that rot just sitting there.

Look--you are all over the map. Here's how to boat shop--first you determine the size and style for your purposes and waters. You do this by looking at an array of boats at a dealer, walking around the marina (and talking to people who have them) and looking at NEW boats on line.

Only after you have picked your boat do you look at the used ones--and only the used ones that fit your target. Find a boat that fits you. What you are doing, is finding a boat and struggling to make it fit. That's backwards and why you can't make a decision.

IMO you want a deep V center console OB with self-bailing decks, 19-21', or a Carolina Skiff J series (or clone) 17-21, or a Whaler (or clone) 17-21. Not a bay boat hull. But ask your fellow kelp bed fishermen to be sure, not me on the Right Coast and especially not the lake boaters.