Drain plug issues

zippy83

Chief Petty Officer
Hi all,

I have purchased three different drain plugs but all three are leaking from the middle. I lost my old drain plug that came with the boat so i got one at walmart one at bass pro and the last one online. All of them are leaking from the middle where the little handle is. I must be doing something wrong here.

In the picture I have circeld the area the water is leaking from

photo.jpg

Last edited:

Thalasso

Commander
Re: Drain plug issues

Turn the handle and see if it tightens up.

Snap-Handle Drain Plugs : Attwood Marine

Here you go.

www.attwoodmarine.com/store/product/1--Diameter-Snap-Handle‎
Visit us to find info for Snap-Handle Drain Plugs and to find out where to buy. ... A clockwise turn of the handle tightens the plug in its tube, and the handle flips ...

Last edited:

zippy83

Chief Petty Officer

When I turn it a few times it is harder to pull the handle up to lock it. I thought the tighter the pressure the better it is

UncleWillie

Captain

When I turn it a few times it is harder to pull the handle up to lock it. I thought the tighter the pressure the better it is

Yep! That's the whole idea!

Are you sure that is where the source of the leak is?
Or is it leaking above the plug and running down to the handle and that is where the drip shows?

zippy83

Chief Petty Officer

It is hard to see if the leak is on the top or the bottom because the drain plug is tucked on the bottom. All I can see is a leak.

UncleWillie

Captain

It is hard to see if the leak is on the top or the bottom because the drain plug is tucked on the bottom. All I can see is a leak.

OK Let's back up. You do NOT know where the leak is, just that it is dripping from the handle of the plug.
You have three plugs from three sources that all exhibit the same symptoms.
Probability strongly rejects the idea that all three plug are bad.

Get the plug area bone dry and extra clean and get down there and see what is really going on.

zippy83

Chief Petty Officer

I will get it looked at this Saturday again when I go out. Im nit sure where the issue might be