Is this boat worth looking at?

BlueGhost93

Petty Officer 2nd Class
As some of you know I have another thread and I think I know what boat im getting but i gave the guy a refundable deposite to hold it for a week. So in the meantime im looking around to make sure im getting exactly what i want.

I found this one but its like an hour plus drive for me so i wanted to see if you guys think this is a good fishing platform?

Center console 16' Johnson outboard

BlueGhost93

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Is this boat worth looking at?

The guy seems to have a bunch of boats so something tells me he isn't sure about everything about the boat. idk

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner

i don't know what is wrong with it (first one) might be a bit high on price but with an 88 (with a 115 cover on it) that would scoot pretty good. Did you run it?

Home Cookin'

Fleet Admiral

I liked that wooden one better. the 16' is too small for your coastal boating. The 20' maybe; could use higher bow and 35 more horses though.

Starcraft5834

Lieutenant Commander

the bigger the better Blue... if you can afford the 20 footer.. it will serve you better......

Bubbasboat

Chief Petty Officer

Check that motor out well, saltwater boat motor! Some guy up in Colton, near Fontana had a 150 hp Evinrude, Coast Guard spare with 10 test hours on it. He wanted $1,500. It was way to big for me!! Looked like a great deal for the right person. Don't know if it's still available.

Frank Acampora

Supreme Mariner

The Chrysler looks good for a boat that is 44 years old. I can tell you from first hand experience that that particular hull, even though small, is excellent in rough water. Caution: The entire bottom is foam filled and if it is waterlogged, then the boat will be very heavy.

T_Herrod

Petty Officer 1st Class

I like the 20 footer. It says "needs a little love" i would find out just what kind of love it needs and maybe the price would come down.

crabby captain john

Lieutenant Commander

Has one too many zeros to even consider..
As some of you know I have another thread and I think I know what boat im getting but i gave the guy a refundable deposite to hold it for a week. So in the meantime im looking around to make sure im getting exactly what i want.

I found this one but its like an hour plus drive for me so i wanted to see if you guys think this is a good fishing platform?

Center console 16' Johnson outboard

BlueGhost93

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I went and looked at the 20' today... POS. I would have given the guy $1500 because the engine needs a overhaul, he sold to a friend the leaning post, the control cabels to steer the boat are shot, the gas tank is rusted out, boat just is disgustingly dirty.... Its just a mess for the price :(

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner

glad to know you have good knowledge. Offer low on the first, or keep looking

BlueGhost93

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Thanks. Yea I mean ive wanted a center console since I was 6 and since then every year have had brochures from, mako, whaler, and a few others and have figured out the dream boat, and what I can afford at almost 21 years old and full time student now haha. But yea, hopefully I find the right boat soon :)