livewell drain?

andrewcoon

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I have two livewells and they both have valve drains that suck and leak and make my boat have water(I have been bilging it out) im done with the valves is there a pump that is inline and can pump out my livewells? Ill route the hoses with the same outlet as my bilge pumps out the side of the boat and block off the old gravity drain holes.. what pump can I use?? Thanks for the help

gm280

Supreme Mariner
Re: livewell drain?

Most any type live well type pump can be used to drain a live well as well as fill it up. Just install it like you normally would for filling a live well, but do that from the bottom drain outlet. Then when you turn on the drain switch, it will drain the live well. BUT if the outlet out of your boat is lower then the water line, it can back flow and keep water in the live well. So make sure your outlet is above the water live...

MH Hawker

Vice Admiral

No idea on prices but a lot of the RVs use a inline pump.

andrewcoon

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Thank you guys! So I could use a typical aerator pump? And this won't hold the pressure if the holes are at the bottom? Can I put a check valve? Or tie into the bilge hose which goes out the side? I hate hate hate drilling in my boat