New owner question about features on 98 Tracker 175

champ837

Recruit
As a new owner of this used boat I'm poking around everything in and on the boat and 60hp Merc tracker motor. There is a switch or valve mounted on the gunwale (side) about 12 inches aft of the throttle that isn't labeled but has two positions it can be switched to, Empty and Auto. Can anyone shed some light on this?

dan02gt

Chief Petty Officer
Re: New owner question about features on 98 Tracker 175

As a new owner of this used boat I'm poking around everything in and on the boat and 60hp Merc tracker motor. There is a switch or valve mounted on the gunwale (side) about 12 inches aft of the throttle that isn't labeled but has two positions it can be switched to, Empty and Auto. Can anyone shed some light on this?

Sounds like your live well controls to me.

southkogs

Staff member

Tracker has a website and a support forum. Chances are you can even grab a operators manual off the website. If not a quick call to their 800 number may get you the direct answer.

Welcome aboard.

dan02gt

Chief Petty Officer

What do the labels mean? Or, are you guessing?

I haven ever seen the live well controls on that vintage Tracker but on the ones I've seen:

Empty: drains the live well completely
Auto: Turns the live well pumps on every few minutes to circulate the water to help with aeration.

I would also think it would also have a setting for "fill".

So I guess you can call it a educated guess.