1988 Procraft 1660v

remofire

Recruit
My dad died in October last year. As a result I have inherited his boat. 1988 Procraft 1660v with 90 horse Evinrude. Ive been in it a couple of times. Seems to be a decent boat. You dont have to open it full throttle to get it to plane unlike all his other boats. It has its quirks however. Ill start by asking a couple of questions. On the live wells. They fill up on their own but the front doesnt drain when you take the boat out of the water. And the recirculation pump doesnt work on the front livewell. Its part time on the rear livewell. Dad took it to a boat "mechanic" last year to see if he could fix them while he tuned up the motor. He tuned the motor and told dad his pumps in livewells weren't working right.......uhhh gee thanks for the tip! Lol. What do I need to do to access these pumps? How are the front and back livewells supposed to fill and drain? Thanks so much for any help anyone can give me. I work on atvs all the time but dont know much about boats.

remofire

Recruit
Re: 1988 Procraft 1660v

Am I gonna have to pull the whole deck to work on these or is there a trick im not seeing?

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014

The aerator pump for the livewells goes through the transom and will be the lowest through the hull fitting near the drain plug. You may just have a blown fuse due to some flotsam getting in the pump or it may be burned out. It most likely doesn't have a well pump out, more likely a drian plug in the bottom of the well to drain it. You just have to start at the switch and trave the wiring to the inline fuse for the aerator and go from there.

crabby captain john

Lieutenant Commander

Could be electrical and the 1st thing to check is the fuse. If the fuse is good check the pump, they are not expensive. Check the bottom of the front livewell ~~ probably a plug that needs pulled

remofire

Recruit

A plug in the front livewell? It fills up. Does that meaN theres 2 holes in it? I only see one.