Cheetah Bass Boat-HIN plate location

topperfan1974

Recruit
I have an 18' 1985 Cheetah bass boat that was made in Pleasant View, TN. I have been looking for the HIN plate and cant seem to find it. I was able to get the make by calling the fuel tank manufacturer and giving them the model and serial number off the tank. They obviously kept great records.

The previous owner, applied for a HIN through the state (KY) and was issued one. Unfortunately, the title says Homemade and I am trying to correct it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Allen MAnsfield

tomdinwv

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Re: Cheetah Bass Boat-HIN plate location

Should be stamped on the starboard side of the transom if fiberglass. Not sure if it's tin. Welcome to iboats. There will be someone on here who knows the answer you're looking for.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Cheetah Bass Boat-HIN plate location

I have an 18' 1985 Cheetah bass boat that was made in Pleasant View, TN. I have been looking for the HIN plate and cant seem to find it. I was able to get the make by calling the fuel tank manufacturer and giving them the model and serial number off the tank. They obviously kept great records.

The previous owner, applied for a HIN through the state (KY) and was issued one. Unfortunately, the title says Homemade and I am trying to correct it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Allen MAnsfield

Welcome aboard, Topper. It sounds like a PO went through the grief to make the boat legal in KY via the state issued HIN. When a state issues a HIN, a sticker with the number is placed right where tomdinwv said. The number begins with KYZ for homemade.

I say live with it. If the original HIN is gone, you can't bring it back. And having Cheetah on the title won't make it a better 30 year old boat or worth any more.