CMC actuator rebuild

Mysticwolf

Cadet
Hi again, I posted the other day about my CMC trim and tilt unit in how to change the oil, or add to it because it was not working,well found out it is leaking from the ram, I contacted CMC to see if they sell a rebuild kit and got this message Craig,
we do not sell seal kits. we sell new actuators for 389.00 with 1yr
warranty and rebuilt actuators for 309 with 90-day warranty. we do not take
old ones back for core charge
Best Regards,
Christopher. I think that is a lot of money just to rebuild this and for a 90 day warranty,and I can buy a new unit for just a little over $400.00,EDITED... Soliciting not permitted.. Please read forum rules.

Last edited by a moderator:

smokeonthewater

Fleet Admiral
Re: CMC actuator rebuild

I did my own... cost me, IIRC, about $3 for a new oring from my local hydraulics supply house (parker store) and took about 20 minutes

Mysticwolf

Cadet

Thanks for the info, think we give it a try. What do I have to lose? LOL

M Strawn

Seaman Apprentice

I got the same message from Craig, they are no help unless you are willing to spend large money so...............I did mine as well. Take care when you remove the bottom plate as there are two checkballs inside. I just removed every O ring inside and carried them in a baggie to the hydraulic store. All are standard off the shelf sizes. Make sure to get the back up rings as well, any hydraulic supplier can hook you up.