Plexiglass windshield scratch

crabby captain john

Lieutenant Commander
OK ~~ had large man up front and he fell against the windshield resulting in an injury to the windshield only. A scratch about 1/4" wide and 3" long. Not too horrible but just slightly left of operators center vision. Any way to repair? Wondering if one of the auto-glass repair companies can fix it as they work on safety glass NOT Plexiglas....

jc55

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Re: Plexiglass windshield scratch

No, wait! I completely restored my '68 plexiglass windshield to new condition. Woodonglass has a post around here somewhere. Be careful not to use mechanical means that can heat up the plexiglass and melt it.

1) Turtle wax rubbing compound (red paste...Walmart)
2) Turtle wax liquid polish (Walmart)
3) This stuff...
158708d1253066576-scratched-up-my-plexiglass-headlamp-help-novus.jpg
...ebay

Which I now use on EVERYTHING!

If the scratches are really bad, you can wet sand with 1500 grit, move to 2000 grit then start the above process.

I don't know much, but I was so stoked about having a new 46 year old curved windshield that I have to share.

Thalasso

Commander

No, wait! I completely restored my '68 plexiglass windshield to new condition. Woodonglass has a post around here somewhere. Be careful not to use mechanical means that can heat up the plexiglass and melt it.

3) This stuff...
...ebay

If the scratches are really bad, you can wet sand with 1500 grit, move to 2000 grit then start the above process.

I don't know much, but I was so stoked about having a new 46 year old curved windshield that I have to share.

That's why i mentioned a wool pad

crabby captain john

Lieutenant Commander

Thank you. I have not been in a Walmart in 3 decades but surely can find the Novus products online. It is just one scratch but a little deeper than I like from his belt buckle.

3) This stuff...
...ebay