Tempress hatch handle repair

jc55

Senior Chief Petty Officer
I have two 13x23 Tempress hatches on my Steiger with slam latches. The price of hatches are pretty much outrageous so I'm trying to fix these. The handles are spring loaded to shut by way of two plastic tabs on the back side of the sliding handle. Over time they break off and the handle loses it's spring return. I thought there would be a spring or metal spring loaded strip, but there isn't. Is there a source for handles only or a work around?

1044117-1.jpg

Bondo

Staff member
Re: Tempress hatch handle repair

I have two 13x23 Tempress hatches on my Steiger with slam latches. The price of hatches are pretty much outrageous so I'm trying to fix these. The handles are spring loaded to shut by way of two plastic tabs on the back side of the sliding handle. Over time they break off and the handle loses it's spring return. I thought there would be a spring or metal spring loaded strip, but there isn't. Is there a source for handles only or a work around?

Ayuh,... A detailed picture of the actual Problem might help with answers,....

jc55

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Re: Tempress hatch handle repair

Oops, nevermind. I found them for $4 from tempress. They were hard to find! There are plastic tabs on the back of these handles that give it the return "spring".

3736322.jpg