Location of front bilge pump in 1996 Wellcraft 26se?

GaryPClearwater

Recruit
I can see water in the front bilge through the drain hole in the compartment under the step into cabin. I've got a switch labeled "Fwd Bilge Pump" that lights up but doesn't do anything.

Boat is in a lift, and I pulled if forward to get it "nose up" as much as I could (I don't have a trailer), but water doesn't drain from the front to the rear bilge compartment.

Are fore and aft bilge connected?

Looks like there is a channel at the fore end of engine compartment that would connect to bilge under cabin.

Any help greatly appreciated!

Skaagen

Recruit
Any luck finding your forward bilge pump. I have a '97 Wellcraft 26SE and I think mine stopped working.

Thanks

garbageguy

Lieutenant Commander
I have had a 1998 Wellcraft 240 SE for 3 seasons. It has the same setup described by the OP, and I have wondered the same thing. I have determined;
there is no forward bilge pump,
the switch is there, but no pump,

I am not sure if there is a connection from forward to aft bilge - but I don't think so. I did get some water in the forward bilge before splashing it last season. I determined it was from a cabin leak, fixed the leak, sucked the water out of bilge with shop vac and dried it completely with rags and a fan. It's been dry ever since.

I think the hole in the subfloor of the compartment under the step into the cabin is a place a pump could go, and have thought about putting one in there. There is also what looks to be a plugged thru-hull on the port side that may be where the outlet for such a pump would discharge, but I am not sure.

Do either of you have any pics of your boat and of the cabin/forward bilge?

smokeonthewater

Fleet Admiral
This thread is over a year old... You guys need to start a new thread instead of digging up an old one.