What sequence does N700 stamped on transom knee mean on 1956 Alumacraft Deep C ?

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member
Re: What sequence does N700 stamped on transom knee mean on 1956 Alumacraft Deep C ?

Welcome aboard.....

N700 ??? could be anything...... a serial number..... a manufacturing sequence number.......

It's NOT a Hull Identification Number since those were not used until the early 1970's

It's a mystery number :confused:

Texasmark

Supreme Mariner
Re: What sequence does N700 stamped on transom knee mean on 1956 Alumacraft Deep C ?

If an alum. casting, probably the casting number.

jbcurt00

Staff member

What sequence does N700 stamped on transom knee mean on 1956 Alumacraft Deep C ?
Call Aluma Craft 877-314-7756 or via email:
customerservice@alumacraft.com

Give them the N700 transom knee brace # & they will tell you what model & year boat you have, it is in fact their serial #. Do not be surprised if it's something other then a '56 Deep C. It might be, but the N700 will let you know specifically.

If they have a scanned copy of the brochure for your boat, they'll send that too.

Via email it didn't take 24hrs to get a reply. Nice folks.

achee7114

Recruit

I called alumacraft and they said n700 is an alumacraft deep c 1956. I was just wondering if anybody knew how the sequence #s can identify what # in the manufacture line it is. Does it mean the 7th boat made or 700th. Alumacraft could not tell me. The reason i am asking is that i have a 2 piece hull at the bow and i have never seen this hull on a alumacraft deep c before. All hulls of this year and up to 1960 have a 3 part hull. Plus i am an alumacraft nut, im restoring this for spring. Just converted my 57 johnny 35hp javelin to fuel pump and built in solenoid. Thank for all your help. Love this forum,thanks

CHRIS DEEP C PICS 001.jpg CHRIS DEEP C PICS 014.jpgCHRIS DEEP C PICS 007.jpgCHRIS DEEP C PICS 003.jpgCHRIS DEEP C PICS 003.jpg

jbcurt00

Staff member

if Alumacraft doesn't know, I wouldn't have any idea how to figure it out. They are 1 of the few, maybe the only currently still in business that can quickly & easily ID their vintage boats and WILL do it.

Since many of their boat models were made for decades, I would guess that your Deep C could be the 7th (1956 sounds line an early year of production), the 70th (since I'd guess they didn't build 10s of 1000s per year) or the 700th (if it was a popular model).

And is it the # of production for the model series, or the model year. They may have just continued the series of #s for Deep Cs from the start of production until they quit building them, regardless of year.

The N portion may in fact designate 1956 Deep C or be a coded portion of the serial #.

My fireflights serial # starts w M160. The M designates the month it was built, the 1 is a placeholder, and the 60 is the year of production. The rest is the order# in the 1960 series of fireflights. 1960 fireflight built in December or something, I can't recall exactly.

My duracrafts ser# is its # in order of production of all models they produced, as they all came off the same line. Next boat got the next #, no matter what model. Makes it even more complicated.