Gas primer bulb replacement

s freud

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I was preparing to put a new primer bulb in my line when I noticed the crimps previously used are not ones I recognize. How do I remove these so I can reuse them?

IMAG0752.jpgIMAG0751.jpg

Bondo

Staff member
Re: Gas primer bulb replacement

I was preparing to put a new primer bulb in my line when I noticed the crimps previously used are not ones I recognize. How do I remove these so I can reuse them?

View attachment 225126View attachment 225127

Ayuh,..... You can remove 'em with side-cutters, or whatever,...

They're Not reuseable, at all,...
You can use small screw drive hose clamps, but those are crimped once, 'n done,...

ondarvr

Supreme Mariner

Cut the hose...use new clamps.

Texasmark

Supreme Mariner

The SS screw type hose clamps are easy to purchase...auto parts, WW, or most anywhere. The OEM isn't. Why does OEM use what it does? Probably a production volume thing. Only takes a second to squeeze their clamp. Takes a tad more time to get out the 1/4" nut drier and make half a dozen or so turns. Basic economics? Problem with it? Naw. Just helps to keep the price of the product in line.

Mark

Frank Acampora

Supreme Mariner

Screw clamps cut into the hose and are bulky. I simply do not use them any more. I use medium to large black plastic zip ties. Cheap. effective, and you simply cut them off if you need to change hoses. Snug them by hand, grab with a pliers and pull/roll to tighten--or break down and buy the tightening tool.