Price Check: '99 Wellcraft Excalibur 20' Bowrider?

gtochris

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Current owner bought the boat last year for 10K, owner passed away over the winter and the family is looking to sell.

1999, Wellcraft Excalibur 20' Bowrider with a 5.7L Merc (Carb I assume) and Alpha 1 Outdrive with a SS prop. Trailer is single axle galvanized with brakes and looks newer. Gimble, bellows and Waterpump were done in the fall. 100% freshwater use and looks pretty sharp for it's age.

They are looking to get 10K for it... I checked NADA: Low is $8,795, High (average Retail) is $10,050. The only comp I found was on Powerboatlistings in Florida- same everything for $13K listed.

Does this come across as a reasonable price assuming everything checks out? We are looking for more performance and better ride than our Stingray offers.

Slip Away

Lieutenant
Re: Price Check: '99 Wellcraft Excalibur 20' Bowrider?

That's a good riding boat, and peppy too. Offer $9K and drive it away.

thumpar

Admiral

I think the price is good if it checks out. I would offer a little lower like Slip Away said but worst case is you pay full asking price.

JASinIL2006

Vice Admiral

If it's in good shape and no soft spots in the decking or transom, that would be a reasonable price in our part of the country. Maybe be a bit high for a '99, but if everything is in good order it would be out of the ballpark.

gtochris

Thanks! I'm excited by this as (I'm 30) I remember going to the Wellcraft dealer with my father in the early 90's and drooling over the new models and thinking they were some of the most beautiful boats on the water so it would be awesome to finally own one. It is pretty nice from my quick overview.

gtochris

I checked it over a little closer today, some of the vinyl seams are coming loose but nothing too bad. It's still shrink wrapped so from what I could see I like it. Much deeper cockpit and the boat is substantially wider than the Stingray we have. It's being stored/ brokered by a friend of ours so I told him lets wait a few weeks and cut it open and really check it out. In the mean time I'm going to try and market my Stingray.

thumpar

Admiral

The width increase really helps to make the boat feel much bigger. A lot of people worry about the length when the width will give you more room. The wider boats also don't rock so much when sitting and a wake comes along.