Installing and adjusting trim/torque tab on 99 Skeeter ZX185c 150 Vmax

johninmo

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Hello I got my trim tab the other day for my 99 Skeeter ZX185c 150 Vmax and I was wondering if there was any tips to installing it I read use blue lock tite but where exactly should I adjust it to. I was wondering if anyone has my setup and if so where they have theirs set to?
Thanks

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member
Re: Installing and adjusting trim/torque tab on 99 Skeeter ZX185c 150 Vmax

Depends on which way the boat is pulling. It is not allot of adjustment ............ similar to 11 o'clock to 1 o'clock with 12 o'clock being centered.

They normally do not require locktite but if it makes you happy go ahead when you are satisfied with the position

johninmo

Petty Officer 3rd Class

It pulls to the left

Texasmark

Supreme Mariner

Turn the rear of the tab in the direction of pull. So rear to the left. Locktite normally not necessary. As to how much only empirical resolution will answer that question....aka run it, adjust it, etc. etc. till satisfied.

Trim has an effect on the sweet spot so setup the boat where you like to run then decide if you need to make changes. If so, make them and back to the sweet spot. Not always, but sometimes off the sweet spot will spell pull in either direction. Part of the game.

Mark