Best Website to Purchase Boat Toys (i.e. skis, tubes, etc.)

MSU1gogreen

Recruit
Hello All - I just purchased my first boat (Larson LX 185 S) and am looking to buy some toys during this winter off season. What websites would you recommend for that?

Thanks!

sickwilly

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Re: Best Website to Purchase Boat Toys (i.e. skis, tubes, etc.)

craigslist

No need to buy new. If patient, you will get great deals cash, especially during the off season.

alldodge

Staff member

Hello All - I just purchased my first boat (Larson LX 185 S) and am looking to buy some toys during this winter off season. What websites would you recommend for that?

Thanks!

:welcome: to iboats

This probably shouldn't be asked here
iboats has a wide selection and currently has a sale on
Watersports

oldjeep

Admiral

Doesn't pay to ask here. Any answer other than iboats will get deleted

smokeonthewater

Fleet Admiral

Doesn't pay to ask here. Any answer other than iboats will get deleted

As they should... Iboats is a business who sponsors this forum... not fair to advertise the competition on their nickel.

Fun Times

Staff member

As they should... Iboats is a business who sponsors this forum... not fair to advertise the competition on their nickel.
Thanks Smoke!:)

Attention all loyal iboats members, as a courtesy to iboats, we would like to ask that if anyone's going to suggest a boat product of any type, please check to see if iboats has what is needed first before suggesting any outside sources. If iboats is found not to have the product listed, a suggestion of an outside source would be okay in order to still help the member find what they need.Thank you!
iboats Moderation Team

oldjeep

Admiral

I agree, although I wish it was a paid subscription based site so that we could dispense with that nonsense. Plenty of good info here, but there is also a big gap that cannot be filled due to the sponsorship of the forum. I've purchased from iBoats a couple times with mixed results, but would rather fund the forum directly.

oldjeep

Admiral

Thanks Smoke!:)

Attention all loyal iboats members, as a courtesy to iboats, we would like to ask that if anyone's going to suggest a boat product of any type, please check to see if iboats has what is needed first before suggesting any outside sources. If iboats is found not to have the product listed, a suggestion of an outside source would be okay in order to still help the member find what they need.Thank you!
iboats Moderation Team

The irony in that statement is how hard it is to find out if iBoats has what is needed. I've said it before and I'll say it again - the search is horrible when you are trying to purchase from iBoats. When I bought my cover I had to go to another site to figure out which one fit and then enter the part number into iBoats search, the same is true of even common mercruiser parts.

QC

Supreme Mariner

The irony is that this is a free site, and you are welcome to make courteous suggestions, but if you have a better business model I would suggest you pursue it. Why do you feel the need to berate this forum that you are so active in? I simply don't get it. I wish you would stop.

oldjeep

Admiral

The irony is that this is a free site, and you are welcome to make courteous suggestions, but if you have a better business model I would suggest you pursue it. Why do you feel the need to berate this forum that you are so active in? I simply don't get it. I wish you would stop.

I've been making courteous suggestions about the search for a couple years and have given up trying to use it. I wouldn't consider it berating the forum - it is great with the exception of the obvious restriction. I do wish that the sponsor would dedicate some resources to fixing their ecommerce site so that I could recommend that people try to use it.

QC

Supreme Mariner

I do wish that the sponsor would dedicate some resources to fixing their ecommerce site so that I could recommend that people try to use it.
OK, thank you.

onewhippedpuppy

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I am very active on the Pelican Parts Porsche forums - I buy my Porsche parts from Pelican parts. iboats is no different, it's my first stop for boat parts and I only go elsewhere if they don't have what I need. It doesn't hurt that they provide good service, good prices, and ship quickly. Though I do agree on the search - it is very difficult to find what you need, especially Mercruiser replacement parts. The genuine Volvo store is excellent, though borderline hidden on the site. When shopping for parts to service a friend's Volvo equipped Crownline, it took me a few minutes to even locate the iboats Volvo store. So just another vote from an iboats customer, a cleaned up search and website would be much appreciated.

BTMCB

Senior Chief Petty Officer

I have always been able to find what I am looking for on IBoats.

oldandintheway

Petty Officer 2nd Class

No the irony is that the OP asked his first question and the Admirals and moderators don't even take the time to welcome the new member of the community.

Natesms

Chief Petty Officer

MSU1gogreen - don't let this odd conversation dissuade you from using the iBoats forum at all. This place is great, and they do a great job keeping the forum clean and informative. As you get to using your new boat this is the place for questions. Just have to abide by a few rules and one of them is no outside advertising.

Seriously mods, you do a great job here. There is nothing free about running a free forum.

southkogs

Staff member

... geeeze. Cabin feever is killin' us!

Welcome aboard MSU1gogreen. Go HERE.

QC

Supreme Mariner

No the irony is that the OP asked his first question and the Admirals and moderators don't even take the time to welcome the new member of the community.
You are dead right :redface: welcome aboard, MSU1gogreen!! Please excuse us, we are usually much nicer :)

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

Time for a shopping lesson :D

Welcome to iboats.

This is something I bought for my wife last summer and it is great ......so the wife has mentioned and she refuses to give up seat time in it! Siesta Lounge - SportsStuff 54-1602 Under the Add to Cart is a small thing called the Low Price Guarantee <<<<<< I suuggest you click on it and read.

Suggestion - if you get an inflatable be certain to get one of these too (which works fantastic!!) Air Pump, 12V - Airhead AHP-12H

That concludes the shopping lesson!!

My point is get the significant other something for her THEN get something for you. You have the boat!!!