Minn Kota CoPilot upgrade?

7lazy77

Petty Officer 1st Class
I currently have a 55# thrust MinnKota PowerDrive V2 foot-controlled trolling motor. Never had been too fond of the foot control.....guess I am not coordinated enough! Would like to upgrade to the CoPilot wireless system & see that I can purchase a unit that replaces the side mount to convert it over to the wireless with remote control. I realize that I need the V2 "compatible" unit to work with my trolling motor, which has the round plug in ends.... but I am not too sure how it will plug in to my existing setup? The existing connections on the trolling motor has a 3-prong plug in that plugs into the boat receptacle along with another for the foot control pedal. It appears that one of the round ends on the CoPilot replacement unit "should" fit into the existing foot control plug in, but what about the 3-prong power plug in? Will I have to do some altering on the power end to get it to fit into the power side of it?? Hopefully my explanation of it makes sense.

Last edited:

dlngr

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Minn Kota CoPilot upgrade?

I can't remember exactly how it plugs in now[I've had mine for 3 years] but it plugs into the foot control,and you can still use your foot control in case the battery in your fob goes dead. No modification necessary-just plug it in and mount it on the side of the unit,with two screws supplied with it.
BTW-I love this unit,and can even use it from any where on the boat.