What are my ACCY1 ,2 ,3 Switches for

dconn042

Recruit
Just purchased as cheap 89 U.S. Marine / Maxum. I have been playing around with it, and noticed three switches on on the panel to the right of the steering wheel, and below the gauge clusters. These switches are labeled ACCY 1, ACCY 2, and ACCY 3. I have flipped them and can't figure out what they go to. I am assuming some kind of accessory switch maybe. Anybody got any ideals on what these switches are for?

Bayou Dave

Lieutenant Commander
Re: What are my ACCY1 ,2 ,3 Switches for

All you can do is switch them on one at a time and see if they control some lights, power to stereo, etc. Possibly could just be there for future accessories.

bilge rat jim

Petty Officer 1st Class

Those thoughtful folks at US Marine added accessory switches for future additions such as radio, stereo, fish finders, etc. Of course, they never actually added the devices, lol. Have a look under the dash and see if the switches are actually wired to anything.

blackhawk180

Petty Officer 1st Class

Every switch that actually controlled something on my boat was properly labeled. The ACC1 and 2 switches were just that; future accessory switches. They were wired with power to one side but nothing on the other. Pretty easy to tell if you can see the back of all switches.
One of mine is now the washdown pump and the other is the livewell pump. Still labeled ACC1 and 2. You just have to know which does what.