ballpark price to have front and side curtains made?

rothfm

Ensign
I have a 21' walk around, with a very good bimini....Want to have the clear front curtain made, and the 2 side clear windows. down the road, I'll work on a back drop curtain eventually.

Anyone have them made? and know what approximately I should be looking at? I can deliver boat to have it done properly.

thanks

Mark

crabby captain john

Lieutenant Commander
Re: ballpark price to have front and side curtains made?

Have had some bimini tops ~ none would work with curtains added. Framing was too light too. You are going to need to replace the top also. Check with the builder of your boat or other owners. Every WA I've heard of offered complete curtain enclosures as an option. Companies that supplied builders can usually supply you with what you need as they retained patterns~ less expensive than building from scratch.

rothfm

Ensign

Gotcha, thanks for the input. Will be investigating.

V153

Lieutenant Commander

I'd say you'd be looking at $150 - $175ea. Mebbe a lil more if you have to sew zippers into the top.

Can't see why you'd need to replace the bimini?

dingbat

Supreme Mariner

I'd say you'd be looking at $150 - $175ea. Mebbe a lil more if you have to sew zippers into the top. ?
it cost me $125 just to replace a window in my front curtain. Over $3k for replacement curtains for my boat

V153

Lieutenant Commander

it cost me $125 just to replace a window in my front curtain. Over $3k for replacement curtains for my boat
Too bad you don't live closer to my shop. Sounds like you got robbed.

dingbat

Supreme Mariner

Too bad you don't live closer to my shop. Sounds like you got robbed.
So what is your charge to replace a 18x18 eisenglass in canvas? What is your warrenty?

Last edited:

V153

Lieutenant Commander

So what is your charge to replace a 18x18 eisenglass in canvas? What is your warrenty?
Assuming we're talking 18" x 18", and you brought me the curtain. I can assure you it'd be less than $125.

My warranty is whatever the material you choose is warranteed for? The thread I use (Tenara/aka GoreTex) is guaranteed for the life of the material.

rothfm

Ensign

Thanks for the input all. I've double checked. My current bimini and frame is heavy and capable of holding front and side curtains. Its all stainless, as are the fittings and joints.

I'll start shopping around....thanks.