New to me Regal Valanti 176 SE

Status
Not open for further replies.

mccollum74

Cadet
My new to me 1993 Regal Valanti 176 SE. I've been looking for a few years for the right deal. I found this on Lake Conroe. It has the 4.3 Mercruiser V6 and has been stored inside since new. photo 2 (8).jpg
01313_fqAdsLC5TJE_600x450.jpgphoto 4 (3).jpgphoto 3 (8).jpgIMG_20051111.jpg

Slip Away

Lieutenant
Re: New to me Regal Valanti 176 SE

Nice looking little boat. appears to be well taken care of. Congrats !

agallant80

Commander

You will love that SS prop. Have you owned a boat before?

mccollum74

Cadet

This is the first boat I've personally owned. I've been boating for 20+ years with family and friends.

Slip Away

Lieutenant

Have you owned a boat before?

I am in the market for our first family boat. I grew up boating/skiing in the Houston Area with my best friends family which had multiple boats. We were on the water at least once a week and spent countless days on the water at Lake Livingston as teenagers in the late 80's to early 90's. We have been boating on Sam Rayburn with family a bunch this summer and we are going to be looking for a 16'-18' Open Bow with either the 3.0 or 4.3 inboard. I hope to be pulling it with our 2005 Toyota Sienna Minivan with a 3500lb towing capacity. We have 3 kids that enjoy the tube, kneeboard and waterski's. As with most families our budget is pretty limited and we are going to be looking in the $4000-$6000 range. Any words of wisdom would be great, we are thinking of waiting a little until the summer season is over so the boat prices drop a little.

jkust

Rear Admiral

Love the boat sans the aquamarine. The interior design of that almost looks nicer than some much newer designs.

crabby captain john

Lieutenant Commander

That color was very popular in the early 90s. Never my favorite but at some point the cushions will need replaced.

jkust

Rear Admiral

That color was very popular in the early 90s. Never my favorite but at some point the cushions will need replaced.

I wonder what the optional stripe colors were back then that would have been more timeless?

mccollum74

Cadet

We upgraded the towing vehicle also to a Suburban.

Slip Away

Lieutenant

Nice TV upgrade, although a Kia sedan would pull that 17 footer.

hortiz

Recruit
hi guys, i just got the same boat and i love it so far, well taken care since came out from the factory, i'm looking to upgrade the radio, if someone can provide a way to take out the radio or open the lower panel. I don't want to break anything since is my first boat.

i tried to look for wiring manual or repair(service) manual for the boat but i only could get the user manual for the boat.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
hi guys, i just got the same boat and i love it so far, well taken care since came out from the factory, i'm looking to upgrade the radio, if someone can provide a way to take out the radio or open the lower panel. I don't want to break anything since is my first boat.

i tried to look for wiring manual or repair(service) manual for the boat but i only could get the user manual for the boat.
Please start a new thread. This one has been dead for over 7 years.

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.