Glasstream 1550 capacity specs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom55

Cadet
Hey gang I just picked up a 1986 Glasstream 1550 Pro Bass Boat with a 1987 Yamaha 70 HP on the back. It seems to be in very good shape in and out but the USCG capacity placard is missing. I found a place that makes replacements but I need to find out what the original specs were to order the new one. I'm thinking it was a maximum 3 people or 600 pounds (maybe 750 with gear) and max 75 HP. Can anyone verify or correct that for me or tell me how to find out what the original placard said? Thanks.

gm280

Supreme Mariner
Re: Glasstream 1550 capacity specs

Best I can remember your numbers are real close. Glasstream was a boat building company in south Georgia during the 70's and 80's. They went out of business like so many others, but they build a nice selection of bass boats. I debated between the Pro Bass series and the Hydro Bass series before settling on the Hydro Bass boat. Those boats didn't use hand-laid hauls like Ranger and some others. They used the chopper-gun hauls. I liked mine but also liked the Pro Bass 1550 for its good lines... Hope this helped but I just don't remember the absolute facts on the spec plates.

Tom55

Cadet
Re: Glasstream 1550 capacity specs

Yeah I'm pretty sure it was a 3 person and 75 HP max, I just don't know the weight capacities. Thanks for the reply.

fitter 1

Recruit
I have an 86 1550. The max motor rating is 75HP and the max weight if I remember correctly is 750lbs total gear fuel motor and people. Mine only has a place for 2 seats

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
I have an 86 1550. The max motor rating is 75HP and the max weight if I remember correctly is 750lbs total gear fuel motor and people. Mine only has a place for 2 seats

Thanks. This will be archived now.

Status
Not open for further replies.