Nauticus trim tab adjusters

m_steiger

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I was wondering if you guys that run trim tabs, in particular the Nauticus SX line, I see they sell an adjuster the PR500 to basically turn the trim tabs on or off. I haven't purchased trim tabs yet and was wondering is this something worth adding? I mostly do water sports (tubes/wakeboard) and just cruising around the lake with very occasional fishing. My question is whether it would be worth the extra $60 to order the adjusters with the trim tabs? Thanks

dan02gt

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Nauticus trim tab adjusters

I was wondering if you guys that run trim tabs, in particular the Nauticus SX line, I see they sell an adjuster the PR500 to basically turn the trim tabs on or off. I haven't purchased trim tabs yet and was wondering is this something worth adding? I mostly do water sports (tubes/wakeboard) and just cruising around the lake with very occasional fishing. My question is whether it would be worth the extra $60 to order the adjusters with the trim tabs? Thanks

I have helm adjustable trim tabs not Smart Tabs, but I will tell you there are times when you want to raise them. I would definitely get the PR500 brackets. Trim tabs can do some funky things to your wake like make rooster tails or wash it out so you may want to raise them for water sports. You would also want to raise them in a rough following sea to prevent you from stuffing the bow.

lprizman

Chief Petty Officer

get the brackets,,,I have them and well worth it

JASinIL2006

Vice Admiral

I didn't get them and I wish I had... especially when beaching the boat.