1993 Wellcraft Eclipse 196S Windshield

chaddyvt

Recruit
I am having a hard time finding a port side windshield for my 1993 Wellcraft Eclipse 196S. I've gone to all the normal places, salvage yards, ebay, craigslist, etc.

Does anyone know where I can find if this windshield was used on any other boats in both the Wellcraft line up and maybe other brands? I also have to believe it was used for more than one year. Is that a fair assumption?

Thank you.

Chad
Vermont

Slip Away

Lieutenant
Re: 1993 Wellcraft Eclipse 196S Windshield

You should have a hard time finding one. Needle in a haystack scenario.

Might see if this 1991 windshield will fit.

Wellcraft Eclipse Windshield - $200 (rogers) - ClasPics

The ports side is good on this 1993, but you have to buy the whole boat (in Florida)
F_8264_119456.JPG

F_8264_119465.JPG

Last edited:

chaddyvt

Recruit

Slip Away,

Thank you but the 1993 was the first year with curved windshield :( I've seen lots and lots of straight ones.

cs

Slip Away

Lieutenant

I have seen this company linked way too many times. Have yet to hear anyone actually buying windshields from them though.
They claim they can make anything...

Wellcraft Boat Windshields

chaddyvt

Recruit

Thank you sir. I will give them a call and let everyone know the verdict! :)

smokeonthewater

Fleet Admiral

make sure you're sitting down when you call em

Slip Away

Lieutenant

Kinda off topic, but I have always wondered with broken or missing windshield parts, What actually happened to the windshield ? Most people don't share what happened, whether the boat was bought cheap without 1/2 a windshield, and the buyer never bothered to check availability ? EDIT or - did a tool box fly out of the owner's pick up truck on the highway and take out 1/2 a windshield ?? I guess it will always be a mystery.....

Last edited by a moderator:

tpenfield

Staff member

Not sure if you have had any luck finding a windshield replacement yet. Here is something from Taylor Made Industries, who make a fair amount of the marine windshields. I know they provided the windshield for my Formula 330SS, maybe you could see if they also provided the windshield for your Wellcraft.

Here is a link to their catalog:

http://www.taylormarine.com/infobar/brochures/Glass_cat.pdf

. . . not sure how you would go about getting replacement parts, but you could always contact them.

The advice to be 'sitting down' when you get pricing, etc. is probably good advice.