87 bayliner 2450 windshield

tex-ron

Recruit
howdy y'all got a silly question here. over this winter months I plan to paint my boat then store it in a shipping container to have it ready for the long trip to Ukraine. so my question is what is easiest way to remove the windshield ( without breaking it ) so can be reinstalled later. photos would be nice thank you fyi this boat on a cradle at about 15-20 degs will fit in a shipping container.

Bondo

Staff member
Re: 87 bayliner 2450 windshield

howdy y'all got a silly question here. over this winter months I plan to paint my boat then store it in a shipping container to have it ready for the long trip to Ukraine. so my question is what is easiest way to remove the windshield ( without breaking it ) so can be reinstalled later. photos would be nice thank you fyi this boat on a cradle at about 15-20 degs will fit in a shipping container.

Ayuh,.... Welcome Aboard,.... Generally speakin', windshields are bolted down to the cabin below,...

You'll probably have to pull the ceilin' liner to find the nuts holdin' it down,...

After that, there's Usually hidin' screws holdin' the whole thing together,...

smokeonthewater

Fleet Admiral

in my experience there is usually a black rubber strip around the base.... When you pull it out there are screws every few inches.... remove them and the windshield is usually free....

crabby captain john

Lieutenant Commander

in my experience there is usually a black rubber strip around the base.... When you pull it out there are screws every few inches.... remove them and the windshield is usually free....

X 2. Easily removed. Take 4200 with you for the re-install if it may be hard to find there.