shore power protector

rconn0364

Cadet
I have a 290 Monterey cruiser it sits on a lift all year round.The shore power cable runs from the stern to the bow where the ac connection is. Other than the zip cord protector is there any ideas on how to keep the shore power cable from baking in the Florida sun. The cord also leaves marks on the boat from the rubber cord. I was thinking about wrapping it with something if anyone has any ideas pass them along to me

dan t.

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Re: shore power protector

You could make a Sunbrella cover that is velcroed together , something like a long strip 3 in wide with a velcro strip down the edges, lay it under the cord and wrap it around to cover the cord.

sasto

Captain

Maybe do what I did. Went to the local Firehouse and they gave me some of their used firefighting hose. Tuff stuff and lasts for years in the elements. Good Luck!

Grub54891

Vice Admiral

Or move the shore power inlet to the stern,or nearer to the main panel.
Grub

Grub54891

Vice Admiral

great idea but if you do, make sure to either disconnect the original inlet or install a manual transfer switch....
Yup,many boats have 2 inlet's. @ the main panel there are shore one,and shore two main's to select wich one you want to use,when one is in use,the other is automaticly locked off.
Grub