Need Help Identifying this boat.

TYoung64

Recruit
I was told it is a 1969 SabreCraft with a Chevy 327 small block motor. It has a retractable hard top. I can find absolutely no information on this particular boat with internet searching x3 days. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated!!IMG95201307219514041595485.jpgResizedImage951383756474229.jpg

robert graham

Admiral
Re: Need Help Identifying this boat.

I'm not familiar with Sabrecraft but that's a darn good looking boat!....seems to be in great shape!....

bajaunderground

Lieutenant

That's a cool old boat there!

Here's a video of one on Youtube, similar!

TYoung64

Recruit

That's a cool old boat there!

Here's a video of one on Youtube, similar!

That does look very similar and it is made by AMI which I believe is what SabreCraft changed their name to or were bought out by.

Thank You!

TYoung64

Recruit

That also looks very similar. I'm having my daughter get more pics of the inside of the boat and instrument panel. She is the one selling it, but knows nothing about it! :confused:

jbcurt00

Staff member

Bump

Picked her up & drug her home yet?

JoeIdaho

Recruit

I just bought this boat from James in CDA. I cant find any info as well on it other than what I was told. Has a small block 327 with sliding hard top. Also has a folding removable table and built in ice chest. Need info please and I am looking to restore this boat. It is getting summerized right now.

JoeIdaho

Recruit

Still looking for information on this boat. Thanks

mr 88

Commander

Go to fiberglassics.com and then to there library section. Sabre Craft is listed and shows 120 hp for the engine,not your 327.May have been retrofitted .Even shows you what they sold for back then.

jbcurt00

Staff member

Still looking for information on this boat. Thanks
Joe, if you bought the boat TYoung started this thread about, start a new thread for YOUR stewardship & rehab of it. We'll tag along, and would LOVE to see pix of it.

But it's not a common boat, so waiting just about 4hrs between requests for info may be a tad short.

Not a lot of info available, but start a thread, ask for info, and give it a couple days, at least. Possibly longer.

What does it read on that port rear pillar for the hardtop:
attachment.php

I'd bet it's a maker's name, rather then a model, but whatever it is will help ID her, if it is or isn't a SabreCraft. Looks like 1 but the only 2 pix of a hardtop SabreCraft, also has the triangular body line at the rear of each side:
468px-Sabrecraftb60001.jpg

that's not apparent in the pix TY posted...........

JoeIdaho

Recruit

I will take more pics tonight when I get home. Im a bit frustrated as I went to get the boat summerized and they could not work on it do to the fact that the boat has a non marine carb on it but rather an automotive carb but I did find tag on the sliding hardtop and on the glovebox and both say "sunliner" and the tag near the transom says "Sabre craft" however I am unable to find any pics and year of this boat on the internet. I cant find any that show the headlights in the hull. Original operation and maintenance manual in the glove box says Mercruiser Stern Drive model 225 and says Kiekhaefer Mercury.