Marine Carpet

ricohman

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Marine Carpet

Go for the vinyl flooring. Easy on the feet, easy to clean. Carpet makes no sense in a boat.

stcroixx09

Cadet

just pulled brand new carpeting out of 24 ft regal i bought, hooks n carpet don't mix. I rolled on ******** rubberized coating (also comes in several colors); with primer and coating cost $250. looks awesome. now i'm going to put elephant bark rolled rubber flooring over top to give it some cushion(5mm 4'x25') if weight is an issue skip the roll of flooring as it weighs 140 lb but my boat is pretty big. there are thicker rolls but then weight increases to much.

NYBo

Admiral

Here is another option for you. Rustoleum restore. I fished on it hard last summer, even before it was fully cured and it's tough as nails after fully cured. There's also 20+ different colors. Looks really good, cool on the feet, completely non-skid when soaked in water but like anything the cleaning is a pain. Surface prep is key to getting a good finish that doesn't peel or look bad.

Here is how my end result looks with the rusto.

Behr deck over has the same claims.
Based upon the application instructions for these two products, I went with the Behr. I'm very pleased with the results. However, that was n my deck, as in the thing attached to the back of my house. For my boat, I went with Skid-No-More - iboats. Very pleased with those results also.

Last edited:

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014

Based upon the application instructions for these two products, I went with the Behr. I'm very pleased with the results. However, that was n my deck, as in the thing attached to the back of my house. For my boat, I went with Skid-No-More - iboats. Very pleased with those results also.

Funny, but the deck thing attached to your house would surely see far more abuse than a boat deck ever would. $67 a gallon and it needs 2 coats, I would say they are very proud of skid no more.

Fireman431

Rear Admiral

Last edited by WIMUSKY; November 5th, 2013 at 11:48 AM. Reason: Deleted competitor.....

Why did you delete this?!? iBoats doesn't sell custom cut and bound snap-in carpet kits. They sell the template, but they don't sell the finished product. Way to keep the man down......:(

LDJbones

Recruit
I have dealt with Custom Marine Carpets and I can not recommend them for boat carpet. Their quality control is terrible, and their communication with customers is worse. I recommend looking elsewhere for custom boat carpet

southkogs

Staff member
Welcome aboard LDJbones. Please read our forum RULES, if you've not already.

12. Please do not post to threads that have been inactive for more than 3 months UN-LESS you are the original poster. We have very active forums and any thread that remains inactive for that long should be considered "dead".

This one's been asleep for nearly two years ;)