Name of Rod Holders over Cockpit Cover

riley0412

Cadet
This is a stupid question but here it goes..... What is the name of the bars that go over Cockpit covers on some fishing boats, that have several rod holders mounted to them. Has anyone DIY one of these?

Thanks
Paul

smokeonthewater

Fleet Admiral
Re: Name of Rod Holders over Cockpit Cover

WHS^ or if you have trees / bridges to go under they are called rod breakers ... just something to consider... plenty of folks have lost some expensive rods w em

dingbat

Supreme Mariner
Re: Name of Rod Holders over Cockpit Cover

WHS^ or if you have trees / bridges to go under they are called rod breakers ... just something to consider... plenty of folks have lost some expensive rods w em
And that is what happens to idiots that don't know the difference between a rod holder and a rod rack. I build 4 or 5 "replacement" rods of years from that situation :D

DYI will look DYI unless you have the equipment to fab and spend the money to get it finished properly. In the end, it's cheaper for me to buy than build one and I'm a welder /fabricator by trade. Buy one of the many shops that build them or keep looking until you find that fits your boat on on E-bay, Craig's List, etc. It took me a year but I found a new, old stock Grady unit for $225