Old Mahogany Aristocraft/Atlanta Boat Works Info

sonjason

Cadet
This boat was purchased new by my Dad in the 50's, but he can't remember the year. It has been parked in my grandmothers garage since 1969. It is dusty and a little dirty, but all original and in pretty darn good shape in my opinion. Has a Mercury Mark 55 Thunderbolt Four outboard motor. Windshield is intact. I really just want to get some information on it so anything you can give is greatly appreciated!

left.jpg

inside.jpg

front.jpg

rear.jpg

motor.jpg

JimS123

Fleet Admiral
Re: Old Mahogany Aristocraft/Atlanta Boat Works Info

Its an Aristocraft. Google it and you'll find tons of info. Its an iconic collectable.

sonjason

Cadet

Its an Aristocraft. Google it and you'll find tons of info. Its an iconic collectable.

Thanks for the info Jim. I have actually been Googling for days and have yet to see an Aristocraft that looks like this one with the lines on the front. Can you identify the model of this one?

82rude

Rear Admiral

im going to go wayout on a limb here and say that sure looks like a torpedo 14 .check out the 4th row down 3rd in Aristocraft Boats the section behind the drivers area is actually a rumble seat type area by the looks of the pics ive seen.also on that site look at the wood boat brochures from days gone by you will see it there.what ever you do ,bring her back to her former glory that's a beauty from days gone by.

Last edited:

Home Cookin'

Fleet Admiral

Junk. I'll be right over to haul it away for you. Address?

sonjason

Cadet

Junk. I'll be right over to haul it away for you. Address?

I'm guessing by this response it must have at least a little value. Wanna ballpark it for me? :)

Any idea on year and model?

82rude

Rear Admiral

like I said ,it looks like a torpedo 14 ,nothing else fits the bill.your missing a few pieces but it still fits.early 50,s for sure ,later to mid fiftys they went to a more finny style.their still in business, why don't you contact them?

sonjason

Cadet

like I said ,it looks like a torpedo 14 ,nothing else fits the bill.your missing a few pieces but it still fits.early 50,s for sure ,later to mid fiftys they went to a more finny style.their still in business, why don't you contact them?

I think you may be right. What pieces do you see that I am missing?

I did contact them via email but got no response, and they never seem to answer the phone.

sonjason

Cadet

Oops, I believe GA_Boater is right... that looks just like mine. A Typhoon.

bajaunderground

Lieutenant

You know these boys had brown marks!!!
AC Aired Out.jpg

Where are my Manners?! Welcome to iBoats...that's a sweet little rocket!

Last edited:

Atlasrob

Cadet

Email aristo craft directly with the pictures, they are real good about getting back to you within a day or two at most.
Sweet looking classic you have there

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

AC still makes a Typhoon, but it has the "hood scoop" type bow, I think. The site really doesn't show the current Typhoon. They're just about 10 mile away, someday I should go see them. I had an AC 9Teen glasser for a few years.

Look at this, they still have some parts for the original woodies. http://www.aristocraftboats.com/productprices.pdf

And yes, we have no manners. :eek: :welcome:

Last edited:

sonjason

Cadet

I sent another email with pictures to Aristocraft so hopefully they will respond.

Crabby Captain John, I am located in Western North Carolina near Asheville. It is not currently for sale because I am still gathering info about the boat. I have no idea what it is worth, but feel free to PM me an offer if you want though. :)

We will most likely sell the boat eventually, but I wanted to gather as much info as possible first so an educated decision can be made. Hope you understand.

82rude

Rear Admiral

that's only 12 feet long ?boy my eyes are in need of new glasses I quess,lol.first thing id do sonjason is measure to be sure if 12 the boys are correct ,looked bigger to me but pics can be deceiving I quess.wow on the prices for windshield stuff GA BOATER for my woody a new shield is about 650 to 750 .so how many hp is a mark55?

Last edited:

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

that's only 12 feet long ?boy my eyes are in need of new glasses I quess,lol.first thing id do sonjason is measure to be sure if 12 the boys are correct ,looked bigger to me but pics can be deceiving I quess.wow on the prices for windshield stuff GA BOATER for my woody a new shield is about 650 to 750 .so how many hp is a mark55?

I don't know if the prices are current. I seem to remember the same prices since I first started looking at one of the wood unfinished hulls. I know the glasser original seat skins are $900 from them.

I think the Mark 55 is 40 horses.

Last edited:

chriscraft254

Commander

Now that's a boat I'd love to restore. Think you should donate to my cause. ;)

smclear

Chief Petty Officer

Does it float? Does the engine run? When was the last time it was in the water?

It looks pretty cool but I don't think they're considered rare.