Older Bayliner Marine Toilet Identification

josephb

Recruit
I just purchased a 1990 Bayliner 2651 SunCruiser. Don't Shoot Me ! I really Love this boat.
I am trying to identify what brand / model # the Manual Marine Toilet is. All the stickers have fallen off or are unreadable. The previous owner ordered a rebuild kit for a Raritan Toilet but flapper gaskets are the wrong shape. I have not been able to take any pictures yet but was wanting to ask other 1990 Bayliner owners what brand and model # they have. I do know that the bowl is some type of china just like your home toilet is. It also has a Black T-Handle for the pump.

Does anyone have ideas of the brands that Bayliner used in 1990 ?

JoLin

Vice Admiral
Re: Older Bayliner Marine Toilet Identification

I do know that the bowl is some type of china just like your home toilet is. It also has a Black T-Handle for the pump.

Does anyone have ideas of the brands that Bayliner used in 1990 ?

Like Thalasso said, check with a local dealer... but the black t-handle says Jabsco to me. Jabsco is also the most common brand installed by manufacturers. Take a look here and see if you can find yours...

JabscoShop Toilet Spare Parts Wizard / Spare Parts / Xylem JabscoShop - Jabsco & Rule Pumps and more - from the experts

crabby captain john

Lieutenant Commander

WoW!!! Drove I-79 home last Monday and the weather is still nice up there. You guys should be on the water! As I lived not far from Pgh for too log I think of you when flounder fishing in Dec & Jan.....

josephb

Recruit

Well, I removed the toilet today from the boat along with other wood panels and wall that is covered with some type of vinyl wall covering. I have really looked at the toilet and now with some research discovered that it is a Jabsco 29090-0000
The Major Rebuild Kit is part 29045-0000 and I have to make sure it's the kit for older 1990 model.

My buddies said they would not touch a toilet repair because of the smell and muck ! I guess installing a septic tank and performing major plumbing on my house has given me that "No Fear" mentality.
I will put the rubber gloves on again and start the disassembly process on the toilet to see what type flapper gaskets are in it and soak the parts in disinfectant. I was on Ebay looking for the kits and they range from $43 to $69 bucks. I also need to look for a new seat & lid as the old one looks pretty ugly.

It's raining today so I'm stuck working inside the garage.