Rotary steering replacement -UPDATE W/PICS

Dave Abrahamson

Lieutenant
Hey Guys,
I have an older (1998) Morse/Teleflex rotary steering helm which I believe is a Command 290. The cable (which is fine) is #304411 204IN 7226. Do you know which helm is compatible with the existing cable?
It's on a 20ft center console with a Johnson 115 if that is of any help.
Thanks for any and all suggestions.

Dave

Last edited:

Dave Abrahamson

Lieutenant
Re: Rotary steering replacement

Thank you very much for you very informative post FT.
In searching your links and info, it seems like the Safe-T II SH5094P helm will fit ANY teleflex rotary cable with a black sheathing. Does this sound correct to you? I can provide pics of the cable if needed.
Thank you again for your reply. The weather is getting beautiful here on the FL gulf coast and I don't want to miss too much fishing time if I can help it

Dave

Fun Times

Staff member

In searching your links and info, it seems like the Safe-T II SH5094P helm will fit ANY teleflex rotary cable with a black sheathing. Does this sound correct to you?
I'm not sure of any Teleflex cable, but SSC61, SSC62, & SSC72 superseded many old cables, so i'm sure yours would fall into that category as well.

http://www.jamestowndistributors.co...Cat-MechStrg(v4_0)Safe-T_QC_(Traditional).pdf

Your cable info, 304411 is the model number. 204IN is the length...204 inches = 17 feet. The 7377 is just a batch number.

Dave Abrahamson

Lieutenant

Morse Helm.jpgThank You for all your time and help FT, She's all fixed and ready to fish again. I went to Don's Marine Salvage in Clearwater and found a NOS exact replacement. 35 bucks and I'm back in business! Here is a pic of what broke in mine.

Thanks again, this site rocks!

Dave