problems with Jabsco electric toilet pump

cstock

Cadet
Hi, I have a JABSCO 74001 2460 electric toilet pump. When I press the flush button the lights dim and it makes a slight noise indicating its getting power but that's all it does. There is a slotted shaft sticking out the back which I assume is the motor shaft. I can use a dime to turn it about an 1/8 of an inch until it stops then it will flush after pressing the flush button again. Sometimes it has to be turned left others right I guess depending on where it stopped after last successful flush. do I need to replace the entire motor (maybe the windings) or would a flush rebuild kit do the job. Thanks, Charlie

cstock

Cadet
Re: Jabsco 74001 2460

Re: Jabsco 74001 2460

Hi, I posted this but got no replies? Is this a dumb question or am I on the wrong froum or does no one have any expertise in this area?

cstock

Cadet
problems with Jabsco electric toilet pump

Hi, I have a JABSCO 74001 2460 electric toilet pump. When I press the flush button the lights dim and it makes a slight noise indicating its getting power but that's all it does. There is a slotted shaft sticking out the back which I assume is the motor shaft. I can use a dime to turn it about an 1/8 of an inch until it stops then it will flush after pressing the flush button again. Sometimes it has to be turned left others right I guess depending on where it stopped after last successful flush. do I need to replace the entire motor (maybe the windings) or would a flush rebuild kit do the job. Thanks, Charlie

agallant80

Commander
Re: problems with Jabsco electric toilet pump

To me it sounds like your motor may be having issues. If its dimming the lights and not doing anything then its drawing power but something is binding it up and stopping it from turning. If it was not working at all you would not have the lights dim from power draw. It seams like When you turn it by hand you are freeing it up or getting the shaft past a stuck point. My guess would be a new motor. I see they sell just replacment motors for this pump so can you take it apart and see if the motor works when not in the pump? That may help indicate where the problem is. Its binding up in the motor or in the pump which the motor is attached to. As a side not I have never been really impressed with Jbesco electric pumps. My fresh water pump went out and it was only a year old. The diafram started leaking allowing water in to the motor, when the pump turned on it would dim the lights and get real hot but would bairly cycle.

Hope this helps.

Volphin

Lieutenant

You have a crappy crew like me! LOL

There is something lodged inside the mace blade or a weak motor. Disassemble and inspect. But I feel for ya bro. Done it myself a few times.

cstock

Cadet

To me it sounds like your motor may be having issues. If its dimming the lights and not doing anything then its drawing power but something is binding it up and stopping it from turning. If it was not working at all you would not have the lights dim from power draw. It seams like When you turn it by hand you are freeing it up or getting the shaft past a stuck point. My guess would be a new motor. I see they sell just replacment motors for this pump so can you take it apart and see if the motor works when not in the pump? That may help indicate where the problem is. Its binding up in the motor or in the pump which the motor is attached to. As a side not I have never been really impressed with Jbesco electric pumps. My fresh water pump went out and it was only a year old. The diafram started leaking allowing water in to the motor, when the pump turned on it would dim the lights and get real hot but would bairly cycle.

Hope this helps.

Hey all the info will help a bunch. I'm an electronic tech by trade but no one is an expert on everything and I've never tackled one of these before. With your useful information it gives me a great starting point for troubleshooting, thank you very much, Charlie

cstock

Cadet

Hey all the info will help a bunch. I'm an electronic tech by trade but no one is an expert on everything and I've never tackled one of these before. With your useful information it gives me a great starting point for troubleshooting, thank you very much, Charlie

cstock

Cadet

Hey thanks alot for the useful info, who knows maybe one of my kids dropped something that there LOL

builder buoy

Recruit

I had the same issue with my toilet a few years ago. It ended up being a bad impeller. Order the Jabsco service pack and your good to go. I pulled the toilet out to do the work. Wasn't that sh!tty of a job!

cstock

Cadet

I had the same issue with my toilet a few years ago. It ended up being a bad impeller. Order the Jabsco service pack and your good to go. I pulled the toilet out to do the work. Wasn't that sh!tty of a job!

Hey thanks for the tip builder buoy, I'm heading to the lake now to disasemble and try this, Charlie