Ranger Tug 27

mr geets

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Rented a Ranger 27 Tug style boat with Yanmar Diesel in Vancouver BC for 6 nights on the water. Very enjoyable. Any feedback on the Ranger line?

agallant80

Commander
Re: Ranger Tug 27

Very good brand. I have looked in to them and if I had the extra money I would have liked to get one. Google tugnuts and you will get the manufacturers forum site for ranger. Ranger also makes a down east style line called cutwater boats.

matt167

Captain

I think they also make C- Dory's, a very popular outboard fishing type cruiser. I could be wrong tho.

Last edited:

ssobol

Chief Petty Officer

I think they also make C- Dory's, a very popular outboard fishing type cruiser. I could be wrong tho.

I'm not sure how Ranger Tugs and C-Dory's are related, but a number of C-Dory owners move up to Rangers. Ranger Tugs are welcome at C-Dory gatherings (which occur several times a year in various places) and vice versa. Both are built in the PNW.

Even though some of the boats are comparable in size, Ranger tugs are quite a step up from a C-Dory in cost, complexity, features, and comforts.

I have a CD-22 and have been on a Ranger 27 (not in the water). The Ranger is a very nice boat, but I probably use my CD-22 more than I would use a Ranger 27 if I had one.