Installing ladder on side of pontoon

brooksville_rebel

Petty Officer 1st Class
Putting this ladder
http://www.********.com/modperl/pro...-Ladder-4-Step&i=38805&aID=601D3&merchID=4006
on one side of the pontoon to get in the boat. Wife doesn't like the kids going by the motor. Told her not to worry I'd pop them with the fish beater if they did but she didn't like that idea.
Now while I know its not rocket science I just like to get any tips before I start drilling holes for it. Anyone install this or this type of ladder ? There were no instructions other than drill 1.5" hole and screw in cups. So my biggest concern is making sure I get the cups in a good place so that ladder doesn't pull out when on it. Being by myself when doing it its gonna be a pain to try to hold the ladder and see were the bottom set of legs should be on the pontoon to get in position.

Thanks
Mark

81 Checkmate

Lieutenant
Re: Installing ladder on side of pontoon

Not sure which one your looking at....But if it's the one with the plastic steps on it...dont buy it, the steps will break/split and cause a very sharp edge.

My buddy was going up one last year and it snaped and ripped a big gash in his leg.....he's not a big guy either 180-ish...needed stitches.

Go quality if you can.........

jayhanig

Master Chief Petty Officer
Re: Installing ladder on side of pontoon

Reading the reviews at the "other" site would make me leery of the ladder. Although I read several where folks were happy, there were also several complaints of nonexistent service and missing parts. It would appear if you buy it, you will be on your own.