1998 Ski Brendella

swimmer1955

Recruit
Hello all,
After reading the adventures of friscoboater and others I have waded into the used boat world.
I found a 1998 Ski Brendella in Reno. Less than 500 hours.
Brendella 1998 2.jpg

I have only owned I/O and could use some advice on what to ask the current owner.
Thanks in advance.

swimmer1955

Recruit
Re: 1998 Ski Brendella

Thanks, I'll check out that thread. I followed one restoration project the other evening and 2 hours later I knew I was hooked!

salty87

Commander

the questions are pretty much the same for an inboard vs i/o. maintenance records, etc.

a '98 might have composite stringers but the owner may not know.

what are you looking for your boat to do? how many people? what kind of lakes?

closed bow inboards like that aren't terribly versatile. they'll pull slalom skiers and barefooters all day long. but, you can only have 1 or 2 other people with you. the driver, a spotter and a skier and that's about it. when someone is skiing you can't use the backseat because the ski rope ties in front of the engine. there isn't all that much storage either. spaces under the seats are tiny. you can stuff some things under the closed bow.

oldjeep

Admiral

the questions are pretty much the same for an inboard vs i/o. maintenance records, etc.

a '98 might have composite stringers but the owner may not know.

what are you looking for your boat to do? how many people? what kind of lakes?

closed bow inboards like that aren't terribly versatile. they'll pull slalom skiers and barefooters all day long. but, you can only have 1 or 2 other people with you. the driver, a spotter and a skier and that's about it. when someone is skiing you can't use the backseat because the ski rope ties in front of the engine. there isn't all that much storage either. spaces under the seats are tiny. you can stuff some things under the closed bow.

I'd actually disagree about the storage. Every inboard skiboat I've ever been in has had a huge storage compartment behind the spotter seat cushion and a large ski locker at the rear of the boat.