Help me date my old Grumman 8' Aluminum Dunghy please!

esarpy1

Recruit
Greetings!
First of all, pardon the spelling error. It's Dinghy, not Dunghy! Also, by dating my boat, I don't mean drinks and a meal and hope to get lucky afterwards! Hahaha! I'd like to find out the year of manufacture of the ol' girl. All I have is the alpha-numeric number off of her I.D. plate to give you and it is: D-245. That's all I've got, other than it's an 8' Grumman Aluminum Dinghy. Great little boat! Any help would be greatly appreciated in letting me know it's age. After all, I wouldn't wanna be dating "Jailbait"! Thanks!
Steve

Last edited:

Noltz

Petty Officer 3rd Class

esarpy1

Recruit
Re: Help me date my old Grumman 8' Aluminum Dunghy please!

Greetings Noltz,
Thanks for your reply! I've seen the ad you sent, that's the boat! I've already contacted the Marathon Boat Dealer you suggested, and to this date have received no reply. I did reply to the thread you sent and posed the question to him, as well. Thanks for your help, hope I can do the same for you someday!
Steve

esarpy1

Recruit
Re: Help me date my old Grumman 8' Aluminum Dunghy please!

Welp, the 8' has an ad dating back to 1947, found on ebay;
Grumman Aluminum Dinghy 8 1 2 FT Dink Boat 1947 AD | eBay

I also found a well laid out Grumman dealer that may be worth contacting;
Marathon Boat Group

Finally searching iboats I found an old thread about someone collecting as much Grumman info as they could. Again, may be worth an email.
http://forums.iboats.com/grumman-bo...oat-info-please-assist-if-you-can-500010.html

Greetings Noltz,
Thanks for your reply! I've seen the ad you sent, that's the boat! I've already contacted the Marathon Boat Dealer you suggested, and to this date have received no reply. I did reply to the thread you sent and posed the question to him, as well. Thanks for your help, hope I can do the same for you someday!
Steve