1998 Triton 180 Premier fish and ski, new owner question

Uasnowman

Recruit
I bought a 1998 Triton 180 premier Fish and Ski the other day and when i took it out of the water yesterday I noticed a lot of water coming out of a drain hole on the back of the boat. Its not the main drain plug and i didn't fill the livewell or anything. The drain was a black rubber port about 6" away from the main drain. I opened the rear hatch and it was dry in the back. Where was the water and why does it hold the water? IMO its just adding weight to the boat and should be plugged. Im accustom to an old 80's challenger bass boat. I'm almost wishing i would have kept to the old simple boat.

MAC ATTACK

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: 1998 Triton 180 Premier fish and ski, new owner question

Sounds like the thru-hull to the live-well. My bass boat is the same way, it fills itself unless you plug it before putting it in. The live-well is below the water line on most bass boats so no need to fill. If I took mine out for a non-fishing cruise I would plug the transom hole to keep it from filling.

Also need to plug it from the inside when speeding from hole to hole and have fish in it, or else it will self drain when up on plane.

Last edited: