Faria guage questions...

CharlesRiver

Seaman Apprentice
Hello all,

I have a 2004 Grew 184, with a 3.0 Merc. I purchased this boat used at the beginning of the summer, and like when buying anything used, i took my chances! Floor is soft in 2 places, which will require some attention this fall / winter. The other issue I am having is some of my gauges are not working. My volt meter, temp gauge and a third (which I can't remember) are not moving. Do they stick in place, can I just replace the gauge or its it more?

Re: Faria guage questions...

Floor is soft in 2 places, which will require some attention this fall / winter.

Have you spent some time reading through threads in the rebuild/restoration section? You'd be amazed at all the ones which start out "floor had a soft spot". Chances are you'll be looking at replacing stringers and probably the transom. Not an impossible task, but it will be some work. Look through the restoration threads of any boats which are similar to yours and start getting familiar with how they're put together.

The other issue I am having is some of my gauges are not working. My volt meter, temp gauge and a third (which I can't remember) are not moving. Do they stick in place, can I just replace the gauge or its it more?

There's several things that can make gauges not work. Possibly certain gauges are bad. More likely is that they're not getting power (fuse or a bad ground).