Mercury trim switch.

MR.BUDWEISER

Recruit
How do you remove handle on mercury side mount controls? Trying to get at the trim switch, I think it is bad or shorting out. Any help or diagrams would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

Texasmark

Supreme Mariner
Re: Mercury trim switch.

On the Commander 2000, the remote that mounts on the side of the bulkhead with wires and cables exposed, you have 3 wires going up to the switch: Red 12v battery power, blue for the up relay drive and green for the down. I have one and looked at the diagram in the manual. I just got up. Later today I'll go out and have a look. As I recall there are a couple of screws holding a plate on the lever allowing access.

Mark

Chris1956

Supreme Mariner

On my MercCruiser side mount control, there were two screws holding the cover over the PTT switch. Also look at the base of the handle. You may see an allen set screw. The pushbutton just pops out, if I remember correctly.

Texasmark

Supreme Mariner

On my MercCruiser side mount control, there were two screws holding the cover over the PTT switch. Also look at the base of the handle. You may see an allen set screw. The pushbutton just pops out, if I remember correctly.

You must be talking about the 3000 which is the fancy version of the remote.....cables are behind the bulkhead. If the control is in the N position, about the 8 oclock position is the hex allen to which your refer. Removing that enables you to remove the handle if you're lucky. I wasn't when I had to saw my 3000 off to install a 2000.

Mark