Combo wake/ski/towable & Cabin??

VMaxhp

Cadet
Good morning! Unfortunately, my beautiful 2000 Crownline 225BR was hit from behind while being trailered back from the lake. Boat is likely totaled as the outdrive aint lookin so good and the trailer is rather bent/beat up.

On the bright side, this gives me an opportunity to do some boat shopping. While I like the bow-rider, and my friends love sitting up front while cruising, I would also like something versatile. I welcome your thoughts on a boat that I can put on a trailer, has good seating without isolating the driver, can pull skiers/boarders/towables, and I can also bring to Lake Powell and sleep on it for a few days (i.e. berth, fridge, cooking, shower, head). I'd like to stay sub $30k if possible.

Thanks for your input!
Rick

haulnazz15

Captain
Re: Combo wake/ski/towable & Cabin??

The bigger you get, the less fun skiing/wakeboarding is. To get any meaningful amount of overnight space, you're looking at a 25' pocket cruiser (like a Crownline 250CR if you want to stick with your current brand). Less seating above deck than your bowrider in the cruisers, but it's all a tradeoff. We need to know what your tow vehicle is, as well as any concerns of storage space and towing restrictions. Me personally, I wouldn't get anything less that a 28' cruiser for weekend stays, and more preferably a 30'+ cruiser. However, I'm not towing a 30' cruiser every other weekend due to the hassle of getting wide load permits, etc anyway. It's a tough decision, but you need to lay out a lot of specifics to see what is most important to you, and what you (and/or your significant other) will require for overnight/weekend stays. Boats less than 28' don't usually have generators, so that means no A/C unless you are renting a slip with shore power.

agallant80

Commander
Re: Combo wake/ski/towable & Cabin??

Look at the stingray 250CS or 240CS. It is a cabin cruiser that is built off of the 25 foot bow rider hull. They are pretty fast and you have the sleeping, shower, etc. The boat even comes with a ski hook which im pretty sure that is the only cabin cruiser that comes with a ski hook and is meant for water sports. With that said you are entering the jack of all trades master of none area. The boat will not be a great water sports boat I imagine you will be giving up some speed and maneuvering ability in exchange for a cabin which sits on a bow rider hull that will make you feel more wakes and what not when you are trying to sleep.